For some, a time will come where they make use of their auto insurance policy and place auto insurance claims. Here’s some advice to keep you calm and effectual as you file the auto claims.
- Make sure that you write down as many details as you can You can include the statement in your claim and hold on to a copy if the occurs you cannot recall answers to future questions.
- Take a picture with your phone as soon as possible after the incident Taking pictures of your damaged vehicle or property and the scene where it happened is a great way to document the facts for your claim. Always be sure to tell your agent everything you know for your claim. They will be sure you are cared for and protected.
- Gather all necessary information before you call your agent Have the insurance and contact information of any other person involved in the claim, your policy number, the details of the event that caused the claim, pictures, and police reports. If you were not there when the incident occurred, make sure you have all the information about how and where you found the car and its damage. Keep your own copy of the claim and any supporting document, like pictures or diagrams, for your records.
- Call your agent Agents are meant to be there for you during the time of a car accident. Your agent will talk with you about the details of the accident or incident surrounding the claim and file the paperwork for you. Some may even visit the scene if necessary and/or available. After a phone call with your agent, you can usually take yourself out of the picture for much of the paperwork and claims coordination all while being confident that these necessary steps are done correctly.
- Call your insurance company via a toll free claims phone number if your agent is unavailable A company representative will guide you through the process. Be sure to let the insurance agent or representative know if you want to stay posted on the details of the claim and any further requirements so they can put this information in their system. From there they will make sure to let you know as the claim develops.
Call us after an incident and we guarantee we can offer some peace after the whirlwind of an accident, 888-607-6499. You can also get an instant Missouri auto insurance quote.